are fulltime employees of Hummingbird Music Camp and are members of the Higgins Family. The current directors have had their own professional careers and have returned to help manage Camp under the principles set down by their father, K.L. Higgins.
range from undergraduate, graduate students and professional teachers. The majority of teachers teach in public and private schools throughout the year. Most of the teachers teach two weeks at camp and return year after year. The average staff return rate is 95%.
are men and women of university level. Head counselors are fine musicians and former Hummingbird Music Camp campers, who are dependable and experienced in the camp routine.
are 16 and 17 years of age going into the 11th and 12th grades. All counselors are fine musicians and have an outstanding evaluation from previous positions held at Hummingbird Music Camp.
are 15 years of age and going into the 10th grade. CITs are previous campers at Hummingbird Music Camp.
are 14 or 15 years of age and going into the 9th grade. All staffers are previous campers and have applied for this position. The staffers are responsible for a variety of kitchen chores. Staffers also attend all camp activities and classes.
All head counselors, counselors, counselors-in-training and staffers apply for the next year's position by sending a letter to Sally Chapman on Jan 1st of the new year. Staffers are placed into their position by first-come-first-served basis, as this is their first year in a staff position. Counselors and counselors-in-training are placed into the weeks they requested on a first-come-first-served basis and an outstanding evaluation report.
Counselors, CITs and staffers must be able to work in positions for 1 summer session, two consecutive weeks except for week 9.
- Session 1 - Week 1 & 2 (Music & Art)
- Session 2 - Week 3 & 4 (Music & Chess wk 3 and Art wk 4)
- Session 3 - Week 5 & 6 (Music & Art wk 5)
- Session 4 - Week 7 & 8 (Music & Art)
- Session 5 - Week 9 (Music)
LETTER OF APPLICATION
Write a letter of application and mail as early as January 1st (not before)
Hummingbird Music Camp / Staff Position Application
c/o Sally Chapman
104 Hummingbird Road
Jemez Springs, New Mexico 87025
Please send the following information:
- Full name, address, area code, phone number and email
- Birthdate, grade and school you will attend in the fall
- Instrument you plan on playing during camp session
- Position you are applying for
- Session (weeks) you would like to attend (1st and 2nd choice)
- Why you are the best person for this position
- Past experience and number of years at Hummingbird
- Your participation in music and other activities
- A recent photo of yourself (this will not be returned)
©2017 Hummingbird Music Camp, Inc.
Website Design by Terry V Henderson
Music Camp, Summer Music Camp, Band Camp, Art Camp, Chess Camp,
Jemez Music Camp, Orchestra Camp, Summer Camp