For the benefit of our entire camp community, we ask everyone to live by this code during the summer:
- RESPECT FOR YOURSELF
RESPECT FOR LEARNING
- Take Pride in yourself, your talent and the great work you can do.
- Always do your best.
RESPECT FOR PROPERTY & OTHERS
- Be prepared and on time for your activities and rehearsals: arriving late or being unprepared takes learning time away from your classmates and is a disruption to the teacher.
- Take care of the equipment and supplies in the studios: it is all important to your learning experience.
RESPECT FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Give people the privacy they deserve in their bunks - boys are not to be around or inside the girls' bunks: girls are not to be around or inside the boys' bunks.
- Be considerate of others with your actions, words and clothing (this includes speech, tapes, magazines or clothing that contain foul or suggestive language, which is offensive to many people).
- Treat others the way you would like to be treated.
- Pay attention to the requests of the staff members the first time you are asked.
The following are not allowed:
- Leave camp only on official camp trips and signed-out emergencies.
- Don't ride in any staff members' private cars.
- Having knives (except fishing knives with fishing equipment and not carried) weapons, or matches.
- Piercing of any body part, giving haircuts or shaving heads
- Physically striking another person
- Teasing or bullying of any kind
- Having cigarettes, alcohol, weapons or illegal drugs*
- Being out of bunks between "lights out" and "reveille," except to use the restroom and to visit the infirmary with counselor. (boys and girls)*
- Underwear and midriffs should be fully covered.
- When your hands are by your side, shorts & skirts should extend to at least the end of your thumb.
- Piercing may be in your ears only.
- Footwear should be worn at all times (closed toed).
- No spagetti straps.
*Violation of this rule will result in immediate dismissal from camp upon the first offense. Repeated violations of other rules in this behavior & dress code may also result in dismissal from camp.
©2014 Hummingbird Music Camp, Inc.
Website Design by Terry V Henderson
Music Camp, Summer Music Camp, Band Camp, Art Camp, Chess Camp,
Jemez Music Camp, Orchestra Camp, Summer Camp